Artist: Jack Tworkov
Size: 127.3 x 91.4 cm
Medium: Oil and charcoal on canvas
Creation year: 1958
Marks: Signed and dated 'Tworkov 58' (lower right)
Provenance: Stable Gallery, New York, acquired directly from the artist; Collection of Mrs. H. Gates Lloyd, Haverford, 1959; The Eppler Family Collection, New York, 1984; Acquired from the previous by the present owner
Exhibition history: New York, Stable Gallery, Tworkov, April 1959; Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia Collects 20th Century, October-November 1963, pp. 34-35 (illustrated); New York, Whitney Museum of American Art; Washington D.C., Washington Gallery of Modern Art; Pasadena Art Museum; San Francisco Museum of Art; Minneapolis, Walker Art Center and Waltham, Poses Institute of Fine Arts, Brandeis University, Jack Tworkov, March 1964-April 1965, no. 35; Philadelphia, Institute of Contemporary Art, University of Pennsylvania, Selected Works From The Collection of Mr. and Mrs. H. Gates Lloyd, October-November 1967, no. 28.