Artist: Kenneth Noland
Size: 243.2 x 294.3 cm
Medium: Acrylic on canvas
Creation year: 1964
Marks: Signed, titled and dated 'ACROSS Kenneth Noland 1964' (on the reverse)
Provenance: Collection of the artist; Andre Emmerich Gallery, New York, 1968; Private collection, 1969; Collection of the artist, Vermont, 1989; Private collection, New York, 1994; Acquired from the previous by the present owner
Exhibition history: Pittsburgh, Carnegie Institute, The 1964 Pittsburgh International Exhibition of Contemporary Painting and Sculpture, October 1964-January 1965; Detroit, J. L. Hudson Gallery, International '65: A Selection from the 1964 Pittsburgh International (Part One), March-April 1965; Cambridge, Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University Art Museums and Pasadena, California, Three American Painters: Kenneth Noland, Jules Olitski, Frank Stella, April-May 1965, n.p; Philadelphia Museum of Art, The Pure and Clear: American Innovations, November 1968-January 1969, n.p; New York, Andre Emmerich Gallery, Kenneth Noland: Paintings of the 1960's: Chevrons and Stripes, October-November 1985; Fort Lauderdale, Museum of Art, An American Renaissance: Painting and Sculpture Since 1940, January-March 1986, p. 74, no. 29 (illustrated); Edmonton, Alberta Art Gallery, Appreciating Noland, November 1990-January 1991, p. 33 (illustrated with incorrect dimensions); Berlin, Salander-O'Reilly Galleries, Kenneth Noland, November-December 1991; North Carolina, Davidson Gallery, Noland's Nolands: a Retrospective Selection from the Artist's Collection 1959-1991, November-December 1993; Fort Lauderdale, Museum of Art, 1995 (on extended loan); Houston, Meredith Long & Company, Kenneth Noland, January-February 1999; New York, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, 2001 (on extended loan).