Signed 'Raoul Dufy' (lower right) and inscribed 'Constantin Guys' (lower left)
Artwork Details :
Painted circa 1935
Nathan Cummings, Chicago; Acquired from the previous by the present owner, 1951.
Exhibition History :
San Francisco Museum of Art and Los Angeles County Museum, Raoul Dufy, May-September 1954, p. 40, no. 52 (dated circa 1934 and titled The Frigate (after Constantin Guys)); New London, Connecticut, The Lyman Allyn Art Museum, Paintings and Sculpture from the Collection of Mr. and Mrs. Nathan Cummings, January-February 1968.