The old building
The historic building is a building designed by the military engineer Simon Poulet, plans which was signed in 1727 and it makes using the old bunker halfed-bury the embankment Bastion of St. John, built by Jacopo Paleazzo “The Fratín” to the late sixteenth century.
The building consists of floors, downstairs powder room and later intended to stables and the upper floor aimed at armory. The whole building is a huge sobriety, very rational in the use of resources, predominantly tall and thick walls of their rooms. The old building will be the main container of the permanent collection and temporary exhibitions.
The new building
The arbitrated solution for the architect of the